CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Hernia Surgery

So, yesterday i had surgery to repair a hernia. They gave me some pretty good drugs intraveneously and yesterday afternoon I was walking around thinking, "No sweat." Well last night the drugs wore off and by this morning I was feeling pretty rough. Our girls spent the last two nights with Chris' parents and I think they had enough sugar to last a lifetime. Doughnuts for breakfast, chocolate chip cookies and brownies, just to name a few of the treats. I didn't think that they'd ever want to come home after being spoiled rotten by the grandparents but they were excited to come home. Ainsley had apparently been so worried about me that she cried every time she heard my voice on the phone. She told my mother-in-law that she was worried daddy wasn't taking good enough care of me. She seemed so happy to see me when she got home it just melted my heart. She hugged me and stuck really close all afternoon. She watches the clock very closely so I don't miss a dose of pain medication. She is so maternal. She's got me wrapped in an ace bandage and checks my scar as often as I'll let her. Maybe she'll be a doctor someday.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me. Surgery was successful and the doctor says that after I heal I should be feeling a lot better. Good News and the answer to prayer.

3 comments:

Stacia said...

Glad to hear your surgery went so well. Continue to get some good rest. I'm sure your girls will take good care of you this weekend!

Tabby said...

I'm sorry you're in pain! Call me if you need anything.

You're right about Ainsley being so maternal...she did a good job helping take care of Isabelle while we were out today.

Anonymous said...

Aww, does this mean you'll be laid up and I won't get to see you tomorrow?

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything!